IBEW LOCAL 9
Tinley Park, IL
William W. Niesman
IBEW Local 9 Paycheck Protection
CONTINUE GETTING PAID IF YOU’RE UNABLE TO WORK DUE TO ILLNESS, INJURY, OR DEATH
Illness, Injury, and Death Are The #1 Cause of Bankruptcy & Foreclosure In America. Take Control of Financially Protecting Yourself and Your Loved Ones!
These benefits have paid over $2.2 million in benefits to Local 9 members already. There are over 650 members enrolled.
Is What You Currently Have Enough?
IBEW Local 9 members who are covered by the Local 9 health plan have a $400/week Short-Term Disability benefit that pays for 26 weeks. If your paycheck is normally $1,500/week and you get sick or injured, you would receive $400 in weekly benefits. That leaves an income gap of $1,100/week or 73% of your weekly income. If you missed work for 6 weeks, that is an income loss of $6,600.
The Local 9 health plan does not offer Long-Term Disability and there is only a $30,000 Life Insurance benefit for members.
These Paycheck Protection Benefits are being offered to help you protect your income when you cannot work due to unforeseen injury, illness, or death.
Continued Income When Your Paycheck Stops Due To Injury, Illness or Death!
Plan Information Overview
- Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 22 or 24 Weeks
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 2 or 5 years
- Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of the IBEW Local 9 can be denied coverage!
Chris Morely of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 9 tells his disability claims story and how having income protection insurance through Cornerstone Benefits Management helped him and his family during his recovery.
This insurance is a great thing to have. Everything was on time and processed accurately. My representative Kaelyn was on top of everything. She was available and personable whenever I dealt with her. Great plan to have. I will promote this insurance to my fellow coworkers. Thank you again for great customer sevice.
How important were these benefits to helping you maintain financial stability?
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
Furthermore, if you experience a work stoppage due to COVID-19 and are not actively working on the effective date of coverage; you can still enroll, be covered on the effective date of coverage and continue being covered while out of work through July 31st, 2020 as long as premiums are paid.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
- Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
- Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
- Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at 224-770-5305 for more information.